Sunday, March 4, 2018

The Birth of PeelEze

I'm a polish alcoholic.  I have lots of polish and I want to use it.  I've been known to change my polish daily.  That means lots of removers and conditioners to combat the affects of those removers.   At some point, I discovered peel off base coats like Unt "Ready For Take Off", "Glitter Be Gone" by Dainty Digits (now Baby Girl Lacquer) and Sally Hansen "Big Peel".  Each of these products did what they said they'd do and I used them for quite a while.

I noticed some issues in using the one I used most often, mainly related to nail health.  I'd occasionally stop using a peelable base coat and revert back to regular bases and remover products and I'd have improved nail health.  But, boy was that inconvenient for someone like me that liked to wear a different polish every day!  So, I'd go back to using and I'd have issues again.  But I'm an addict and I can't stop!

I was nearing the end of a bottle of my usual peel off base coat and I started thinking that I just did not want to buy another bottle because it was pricey and it can take awhile to be received and sometimes availability was questionable. I'm a DIY dabbler so I started thinking about what is in that product that makes it different from the other base coats that I had been using.  After many hours of research and trial and error, I happened onto something that worked well for me.

Last November, I started using my own concoction of peel off base coat. And it was performing quite well and over time I noticed some improved nail health as well. 

I had some friends express their interest when I'd post teasers on my Instagram account. So, that interest is what brought me to this point. 

Thanks for the inadvertent push, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to trying your peel off base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it have parabens? Do you have an ingredients list?

    ReplyDelete